Saturday, March 31, 2012

Home!!!

YAY!  We're home, and we're finally all together!  I imagined how good this would feel, but it was even better than that!

We got to our house at 2am Saturday, after 24 hours of traveling.  Lyla was awesome, slept 9 of the 10.5 hour international flight!  Praise the Lord!  On the other two flights she was easily entertained with the things we brought, so as far as our flights go, things were perfect.  There were a few snags along the way, caused a little extra stress, but it all worked out, so I have decided to put it out of my memory, the rest is just too good to let that ruin it!

Kevin and Auntie Meedo (Megan) met us at the airport, and Lyla was cautious, but we expected that.  We got home and she was happy and running around looking at things, especially excited about Angelica, the cat.  Our cat is almost 14 years old, so she wasn't real sure what to think of this new little person, but so far, no mishaps.

By about 3am we were all in bed and Lyla had a little pallet on the floor of our room, it was easier than trying to put her in her own room in the middle of the night.  Macey and Xander woke up pretty early, but my mom was so kind to keep them in the girls' room until I woke up around 7am.  When I woke, Lyla was already awake, and you know that smile you see in most the pics I post?  Well, she wakes up that way, so we got up and walked down the hall to meet her brother and sister for the first time in person.  They were excited to see me, and I, them, and they were happy that Lyla was actually here in person.  It wasn't long before they were all up playing.



It was 100 times better than Christmas morning, who gets to wake up to a new sister?  Macey and Xander did!!!



Eventually they ate breakfast, been waiting to fill that seat for a long time!

By the afternoon we were putting clips in each others hair, just like sisters!

I must confess, I had some preconceived ideas about what today, the day all my children were together for the first time, would be like.  I had dreams, big dreams that they would all meet each other, hug instantly, play nicely all day, laugh, love and just enjoy the day together.
...somebody pinch me please!!!

Would you believe that is EXACTLY what happened?!  I am not kidding, they were thrilled to meet each other, and truly enjoyed being around each other all day.  Xander woke up from his nap before Lyla and he just wanted to keep peeking at her while she slept, so sweet.  Macey and Xander were so understanding of Lyla's "unrefined" behaviors, which actually weren't too bad today.  She ran and played outside with Kevin, and helped him in the yard, which was a huge blessing, since she was a little resistant while he was in China.

I know that there is a "honeymoon" period when you adopt a child, where everything is rosie and happy, and I believe that is what we are in.  But I am so grateful that I have at least one day to remember as truly one of the happiest days of my life.  So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get some sleep so I can enjoy the rest of our honeymoon tomorrow!!!


5 comments:

  1. So happy for all of you! Enjoy!! (As I know you already are!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Lyla fixing Macy's hair. Little girls are the same everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Welcome Home! I have checked in with your blog(s) every so often since you were preparing to go get Xander. Lyla is a cutie pie! I just checked in again on your "last day" so I have some catching up to do!

    We just came home Feb 23 with our son so we are also still adjusting to being a family of 4. We're done adopting now, though. Hopefully the "after the honeymoon part" won't be too bad for you.

    Sue Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a JOY to be able to witness that firsthand! Thank you for letting me come share that beautiful experience with y'all. I'm all teary now just thinking about it! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO excited about you family of 5 finally being together! I am overjoyed to tears reading this post! Praying, praying, praying for all the adjusting! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete