Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shew!

I think my head is only spinning slowly, rather whatever it was doing before. Man, what a crazy few days! So, we have booked our flights. First we go to CA so we can take our kids to Nana and Gpa Max's house. They will stay there for a week and have lots of fun with cousins and aunts and uncles! We get a special treat because we decided to fly into Fresno and spend a few hours with the McNeelys. Papa Ross has already promised homemade chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. No, you may not join us! :) After a few hours in Fresno we head to Bakersfield. Bright and early Friday morning we board a plane for our first leg, which eventually lands in Beijing, China on March 17, 4:30pm local time. Early the next morning (Sunday, March 18) we get on another plane which takes us to Nanchang, Jiangxi. A few hours later we finally get to meet our big girl! In my mind, I know that at the moment she is brought to us, that's when the real work starts. But in my heart, I will just feel better when she is finally with me. I can't even begin to imagine what her little heart will be going through, but God is in control. I pray (read PLEAD) that her heart will feel my love for her in whatever way it can, and that somewhere, deep down, she will know that the moment she is with us it is forever! The rest of our trip is paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Hopefully there will be some shopping involved, maybe a few fun outings, but mostly just learning about Lyla. So for now it's back to packing a bunch of suitcases, organizing and arranging everything so this family of 4 can get on our way and become a family of 5!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I will be keeping you all in my prayers!

    Lisa (aka Elena'sMommy from babyzone)

    ReplyDelete