Monday, March 19, 2012

Adoption day!

It's been a long day, and the lack of sleep and crazy emotions are catching up to all of us, so I'm not going to say too much.  She's officially ours, Lyla Elizabeth McNeely!  This time around it wasn't quite as chaotic as when we were in Fujian with Xander.  I was so glad.  All the paperwork was the same, but some was done earlier, some later, and most without the crazy, loud crowds.

This was after her bath while we were on skype, it's been really fun to talk to my kids at home every day! 

The girl loves her LeapPad!  Thank you Gma Connie and Papa Ross for this gift, and thank you Aunt Stephanie for finding exactly what we wanted (I had to send my family on a hunt for this thing, couldn'y find one anywhere!)

Here she is eating yogurt at breakfast.  She is a super silly girl, and quite a ham.

She LOVES noodles, the girl can put them away!

At the end of all the running around for the day Lyla fell asleep on the bus.  All tuckered out.

Tonight should be interesting.  After our day of running around, she didn't get a nap (apparently it is not abnormal for a 6 year old to nap in China....hm) and so before we even ate dinner, just before 7pm, she fell asleep.  Actually, we all fell asleep.  We'll see how the night goes and just how early she wakes us up, there will be a nap tomorrow, no doubt.

Speaking of tomorrow, a pediatrician is coming to our hotel to examine our kids.  This is an extra service that our agency provides, it is a really great idea!  We have no good way of asking medical questions while we are here without this.  You can call your physician at home, but they cannot physically examine the child, and the physical in Guangzhou, is, well, I'm glad a pediatrician is coming tomorrow.  We'll have time to visit places within walking distance, as long as it is not too rainy, so it will be a pretty low key day.  Tomorrow afternoon our guide has arranged for a masseuse to come to our room for a massage, the other mom and grandma who are with us will be enjoying a massage too, ahh, best suggestion for an adoption trip!!!

Well, I talked more than I thought I would.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray, hooray, hooray! I can't get enough of the super-cute pictures on the blog (although they're all fuzzy with the tears filling my eyes). You guys are in my thoughts and prayers ALL DAY and even in my dreams (seriously, woke up last night from a dream of you seeing the city with your new daughter and someone named Heather Vivienne translating something from Lyla to you...strange) and prayed for you more! Love you all! So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that Lyla is wearing the outfit that was just a little too big for Macey and it fits her perfectly. So now I know exactly how big she is! I can hardly wait to see her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for naps!!! (I can't think of anything intelligent to say, because my brain and heart are exploding.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you!!!! She is just beautiful and she has the CUTEST smile!!! I've been praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete