Saturday, March 24, 2012

In Guangzhou

Well, we got to Guangzhou late Friday night, and then first thing Saturday morning we were off again. We had the medical exam today that made for a long frustrating morning, lots of people, long waits and very little organization...not real sure what it surprised me. ;)

Our flight here was great. Lyla was beyond excited to be on an airplane, and she did well, even if it was just a 1 hr flight. It will still be interesting on our way home. 3 hrs then 11.5 hrs then 3 hrs. I'm already dreading it, but I know my attitude needs to be positive so hers will be too.

At the medical exam today a few interesting things happened. During the part of the exam where they were trying to check Lyla for color blindness and then for her eyesight, she did not do as she was asked. Basically refused, with a smile, to do anything. I was afraid that this would negatively affect her "results," but I was wrong. On her medical exam, instead of measurements and answers to questions it simply says "Would not cooperate." Hahahahaha! Made me laugh! Then as we were getting ready for the last step, seeing the Dr, Lyla was being a little crazy, tripped, fell and went head first into a concrete wall. ouch! That's the big goose egg you see on her head. She took a bit to recover, but has been doing fine.

After the medical, we ate a light lunch and then took a long walk around the neighborhood near our hotel. We just made a big loop around the block, saw some very cool things. The places we saw were what I like to call real life China, not the hotel/tourist/foreigner China that I am used to. Very neat to see.

After our walk we headed to the 7-eleven, Lyla is so much fun in a store, well, fun is what I tell myself, it's more like exhausting. She wants everything, but she doesn't really know what most of the things are. It's fun to let her choose things, even if she has no clue what it is! After that we headed to dinner with a few of the other families, and now we are hanging out in our room and soon she will go to sleep.

Tomorrow we are doing some touring, the weather should be really nice, so going out will be great.

I know this has been long, but I can't say good-night until I brag on my big girl. As I finish typing this she just laid in her bed (oh yes, we have 2 in this hotel!) and fell asleep. I simply told her it was time for bed, gave her a hug and a kiss and she laid there while I am sitting in my bed on the iPad. I had no idea there were kids like this!!! She is amazing, but I think I have told you that already. She is not perfect, but who is? She is pretty rough around the edges, but aren't we all? She is sweet, giggly, happy, loving (yes, loving in the best way that she knows how to be) thoughtful, rowdy, fun, cute, eager to please, quick to learn, sassy, stubborn, independent; I think that about covers it. I cannot wait for you all to meet her. I know we have some tough days ahead of us. I won't be the perfect mom, and she will not always be as "cute" in my eyes, but I know, without a doubt, she is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I have loved following your journey! So glad you two are bonding:)

    ReplyDelete