Monday, March 12, 2012

Winding down, and your to-do list!

Well, it must be getting closer to the day we leave because my to-do lists are disappearing!  Hooray!  There was actually a day, last week, that I made a list of my lists.  I had a CVS list, a Target list, a grocery list, a Costco list, a people-to-call list and a places-to-call list.  Seriously, I didn't think they were actually going to get done.  Check by check things got done, and here we are, just a few days away from leaving for California.

Now, since I am so good at making lists, I have made you one!  Hahaha!  Aren't you lucky?!

1. Please pray for safe travels.  This is a given, but I have to make sure it's on here, because this time we are traveling to China without our kids, and well, I won't even go there.

2. Pray for my emotional state while being away from Macey and Xander.  Seriously, as much as this mama likes a short break from her kids, 15 days is a little longer than "short."  I know, I know.  I'l be so busy... The kids will be fine...  Got it, but maybe I won't be fine, maybe I'll be wishing I was with my kids that spoke English (just being honest, people).  I just want this covered in prayer, please!

3. Pray for my parents, who will be taking care of Macey and Xander while we are both gone, and then taking them to Texas when Kevin gets back.  They will also be staying a week so Kevin can go back to work, and then Auntie Meedo (Megan) will come at the very end to welcome us home!  It's going to be a lot of coming and going.

4. Pray for Macey and Xander.  They will be busy, more busy than normal, sleeping in a different place, with different people.  Although they will LOVE their time in California, and the time at home with Nana, Gpa Max and Auntie Meedo, it is still a change, and that can be hard on 3 year olds.  I feel like God has equipped my 3 year olds in a special way, to handle all the craziness that comes with adoption.  I mean, why wouldn't He?  He is the one who brought us here!  But, kids are kids, and blanketing them in prayer is always good.

5. Pray for Lyla.  I can't believe the time is here, soon she will be ours.  Her short little life has been filled with trauma and loss, and I would like to believe she has felt love along the way as well.  But soon we KNOW she will feel love, I just pray that her little heart would accept it and transition well into her forever family.

6. And finally, pray for Kevin and I.  Adoption is hard, it is beautiful, it is what we are called to do, it is what we desire to do, but it is hard!  We are about to parent a 6 year old, with a past that is virtually unknown to us.  We want to be the best parents for her, and we know that we are, but we need to rely on the One who can give us the tools.

And there is your to-do list.  Oh, one more thing, check back here often, I hope to post daily from China (I know, high hopes, but at least ket me try!), and if you are my FB friend I will update my status regularly.

Time to go check off a few more things!

2 comments:

  1. I will be stalking your blog while you are in China! Daily updates would be a treat.

    I will most definitely be praying for you all.

    Praying that your days in China with Lyla are filled with many opportunities to bond and laugh and love!

    "The Lord your God is with you..."
    Zephaniah 3:17

    ReplyDelete