Wednesday, March 14, 2012

As we fly to the other side of the world

As we enjoy our 13 hour flight half way around the globe, I want to share with you, what I call "my Lyla song."

Before we decided to bring Lyla home God had a lot of work to do on us. It wasn't long after Xander came home that Kevin and I knew that we would adopt again. However, that was all we agreed on. I had my idea of age special need and timing, and Kevin had an altogether different idea. Not kidding, none of our desires were the same.

Well, I knew God had a plan, and so did I! I would pray that God would change Kevin's desires to match mine, yep, that's what I prayed!

During this time of prayer is when I heard this song. You see, this song basically told me to stop making excuses, get off my butt and do what I was called to do! Then I spoke to God again and made sure He knew that it was Kevin who was not on the same page as me. Yep, threw Kevin under the bus. This time God gently reminded me that I wasn't perfect and that He gave me Kevin because I needed someone like him, in situations like this.

Wouldn't you know, God brought our ideas, thoughts and desires together at just the right time to lead us to Lyla. Now, here we are 2 days away from adding her to our family!

So, here is my Lyla song, and a challenge. Who or what is your Lyla?

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my very favorite songs! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete