Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nearing the end

Well, tomorrow is the long awaited Consulate Appointment. This is finally the last step before coming home. Two days after the Consulate Appointment is when we get Lyla's visa, and then we are free to take her home! Home, it's such a nice word.

Until then I'll keep filling you in on a few things. There isn't a whole lot going on before we leave, just shopping, possibly hanging out in the park, not much left to do.

Last nights dinner cruise was so fun! Lyla loved being out on the deck and seeing all the lights on the buildings. Seriously, she squealed and oooo'd and awwww'd at everything, it was awesome. If she was that excited about neon lights on buildings, Disneyland is going to be incredible!!!

Today we shopped again, Lyla is getting better, so it is more enjoyable for everyone. My favorite part about today's shopping was a simple comment/recognition by Lyla. She was looking at some small toys, which is her favorite thing, anything worth 50 cents or less, and I liked her choice so I put 3 of them in my basket. And she looked at me and said "Mei mei, di di?". Which is little sister, little brother. It melted my heart because she already recognizes that three things, bought by mom means one for all of them. And this was the only time I bought 3 of something!

Today was a big breakthrough day. She chose to wear short sleeves (shes's been demanding 2 long sleeved shirts everyday) and only 1 pair of pants! At breakfast she ate scrambled eggs! She's only been eating noodles at every meal, I was so excited because I can make scrambled eggs.

Each day gets a little better for us. A few days ago she was being a toot, but I think she is learning that I am not going anywhere and neither are my rules. She's a bit whiny at times, but I've got one of those at home so I can deal with it, and her rowdiness can actually be settled with a calm, serious voice from mom. We're going to be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment