Thursday, January 12, 2012

We interrupt this long wait...

TO BRING YOU NEW PICTURES OF LYLA!!!!!

I mentioned the family that was in China adopting "the other Lila," well, they got to meet Lyla and take pictures of her!  I know you don't want to read anymore, so look at the pictures and then I'll talk!   Ahhhh!!!!!


The two Lylas (or Lilas, depending on which Mommy is typing!)

 I sent Brandi the same family picture that we had sent in Lyla's photo album so she could remind her of who we were.  We're still not sure how much she knows of us, but I hope this will help.

This could be when Brandi was telling Lyla about us, she can correct me if I am wrong.


Lila's mommy!  
Who selflessly took time out of her visit to the orphanage to make this mommy's heart happy!


I know, I know GORGEOUS!  I can't stop staring and thinking that these pictures were taken just yesterday!  This is what our girl looks like RIGHT NOW!!!

Brandi said she seemed happy and healthy, which eased my heart and mind just a little.  An orphanage is not a place for a child, EVERY child needs a loving home with a family, but at least I know that they seem to be doing they best they can.

Now to the emotion of it all.  I am so grateful to receive these pictures, seriously, one of the most wonderful gifts.  In ways it makes me feel so close to Lyla.  I finally know someone who has met and talked with my little girl, who is half a world away.  It sounds strange to say, but sometimes she feels like a picture, even though I know she is not, this brings her closer to me.  At the same time it makes her feel so far away.  She's there, we're here, and we can't get to her.

Well, I'm going to go back and look at the pictures a little more.  Maybe I missed something the other 30 times I have looked through them!

7 comments:

  1. What a blessed gift!! Priceless!! She's absolutely perfect, Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! So know what you mean with seeing her as a photo. I have felt the same way! Still holding out for us to travel together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! How exciting, and what a precious gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Allison. Praying the days til you hold your Lyla fly by! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She. Is. Beautiful. Seriously. That smile? Amazing. Her whole face lights up. Praying things MOVE ALONG!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray, hooray!!! Praying with you and for you...all 5 of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness she just looks to happy and that smile is infectious! Can't help but look at it and smile back at her through the computer.
    Ok, hurry up i800 approval. This little sweetie needs her mama!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete