Monday, August 15, 2011

UPDATES!!!

Well, Lyla's orphanage did not disappoint. I had a feeling they would be quick in responding and they were. Today we received an update on her measurements and two pictures, taken 8/10/11! Our big girl is getting, well, big! Check her out!

It looks like they are letting her hair grow, or maybe she just needs a haircut. Either way she is perfectly beautiful to us. She looks like she is thinning out, and from the measurements we were given she has grown a few inches in a few months. I will say, measurements aren't always very accurate, but it's all we have, so we go with it.

This next picture made me burst into happy mommy tears. I had mentioned the care package we sent not too long ago. We weren't sure if she would get it, or if they would just put it away somewhere, well...
Our sweet little Lyla looking at us, her family!

What I don't know is if this was the only time she saw this photo album we sent, but honestly, I don't care. There she is, looking at us! I want to believe that the nannies read her the letter we sent that explained who we are and that were coming to meet her in China and make her a part of our family. I want to believe that she got to keep the photo album and that she was read each description on each page, and that she can look at it whenever she wants to. But, in international adoption sometimes reality has to take over, because the rose colored glasses are just not a good thing to hide behind. So, what I DO know is that in this instant, our girl, who lives half a world away, is looking at the people who will love her forever!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I too have big happy mama tears for you guys? This is so awesome! I cannot wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete