Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting to know Lyla

I thought it might be fun to start sharing some of the things we know about Lyla with the rest of you folks! Since she is our big girl there is a lot more that we know about her than we knew about Xander before we got him. In her file she has "background reports", these are in paragraph form and it is a description of daily life and some milestones that the child has reached, it also can give a glimpse into personality.

I'll start at the beginning, and quote a few lines of the description of Lyla from the first report. We've received a total of 3 background reports, and as we wait we should get some more, so I'll share as we wait.

*side note: these are actual quotes and the Chinese to English translation isn't always perfect

From a report dated September 2009:
"..., likes to be in the classroom and play room with teacher and kids to play games, she is cute, likes the outdoor activity,"

In her orphanage there is a program called Half The Sky and she is a part of the Little Sisters program. From what I have learned it is similar to a preschool setting, I'm not sure how much time she spends there or how often she attends.

"sometimes she is obstinate and impatient"
Oh, no.

"she likes the noise environment"
Oh, good!

"she is cute and likes to be cuddled by adults"
Um, second reference to her being cute and my Mommy heart is smiling big time, because I like to cuddle too!

1 comment:

  1. Obstinate and impatient isn't so bad -- I'm reading it as strong and asserts herself. Now, that sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete